Free I.T. Checkup
All potential new customers get a free checkup. And after becoming a client of Tierra Technology, customers are entitled to a free checkup at least once per year. The process is:
- We review a targeted list of best practice items and documentation points, and record your results.
- We assign a grade and go over checkup results with you.
- We create and prioritize action items, to be executed at your discretion.
Our philosophy is to recommend down-to-earth solutions. Customers enjoy a relationship where Tierra systems administrators are driven by what works, as opposed to driving customers according to artificial time-tables or upgrade cycles.
The ABC's... and D’s
We hassle over the fundamentals so you don't have to. Tierra Technology sticks to fundamentals of sound network management. All of our systems administrators are versant in the A, B, C, and D's of network maintenance. Here's a partial list of what we assess:
- Anti-malware protection. Virus and spyware protection and removal is both a science and an art. We know the difference between a major compromise and a scary annoyance. The solution is to maintain a buttoned up network.
- Backups of critical and operational data. Whether it's simply an accidental folder or email deletion, or being ready for the day affter the big earthquake, we want your existing systems work with the both the little and big pictures in mind.
- Critical Updates. Zero day attacks may take the headlines. Yet odds are it's the attacks that could have been prevented that will undermine your business, not the bolt-from-the-blue zero day attack.
- Documentation. This fundamental goes often unnoticed because for many systems administrators it's just too "bothersome". That's why we've designed a self-documenting approach within our ticketing sytem and monitoring software, so solutions to problems aren't lost, and access to you inventory is always a phone call away.
Lay of the LAN
Knowing your ABC's and understanding the book are very different things. The first step in learning your environment is an IT audit whereby we establish how well the systems in place meet baseline requirements, identify gaps, and define the direction for network maintenance and growth. Sometimes this means rethinking having servers on-site or in the cloud. But more often than not it means taking the pieces already in place, like active directory, group policy, NTFS security, and putting them to better use.
The process requires an efficient and robust applet, rTierra, which runs in the background and helps us document and learn your environment. It lets us know how well the environment is keeping up with critical updates and systems maintenance. The very first time it runs on the network it gets a complete software and hardware inventory of machines, both PC’s and Macs. It documents important OS and Office update information as well as licensing info for both Microsoft and Adobe products (and all the software running in the environment).
Please know that this is your information and we use it only at your discretion. The result is an invaluable service that can only benefit your company.